Hi Readers, USSD-based mobile banking enables you to send money, check account balance, mini statement and more without internet connectivity. In this method we can do fund transfer anywhere 27*7.Need to know in brief ?? I will explain you. Here, USSD is the abbreviation for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. The Interface is built by National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP), and your bank and telecom operator are parties between whom the USSD communication takes place. The technology uses GSM network channels to transmit information.
Language support in USSD mobile banking
It is available in 11 regional languages and can be accessed in the desired language using the following short codes. Hindi (*99*22#), Marathi (*99*28#), Bengali (*99*29#), Punjabi (*99*30#), Kannada (*99*26#), Gujarati (*99*27#), Tamil (*99*23#), Telugu (*99*24#), Malayalam (*99*25#), Oriya (*99*32#) and Assamese (*99*31#).
Steps to avail USSD-based mobile banking :-
1) To start with, dial *99# from your registered mobile phone number.
2) Now a pop-up will appear on your screen.
3) You Can Enter Any of the Three Choices.
For First 3 Letters of Bank Short Name :-
For Bank IFSC Code:-
State bank Of India – Type “SBIN”
ICICI – Type “ICIC”
HDFC – Type “HDFC”
4) Type your bank’s details according to above list & hit “send“.
5) An yet another pop-up will be appear. That you check account balance, mini statement, Send Money Using MMID/IFSC and generate pin. Type the number of your option and hit “Send“. As an Example to check the your account balance type “1” & hit send button.
Finally, enter your MPIN & the last four digits of your Bank Account number and hit send. That’s it.
Within few seconds, your money will be transferred…
Stay Tuned for More Updates & Share to your friends….